You have made a miracle – no, not just your kids but making the choice to carve time out from your busy life to focus mindfully on your children and your relationship with them. I’m deeply grateful to be joining with you in this process.
If you grew up in a family where you felt safe, soothed and truly seen, this will be a piece of cake. If you are like over 2/3 of adults in the US, your childhood had some challenges and those may make this process a bit more challenging. Take your time, get support and remember this is a process. We are looking for progress not perfection.
You want your kids to listen, maybe even the first time you ask. We are going to get you there but first a few basics.
- Do you feel safe, soothed and truly seen today? Do you have connections among your family or friends that really support you?
- How well are you managing your stress? Even if you are positive with your kids, if your inner life is in emergency mode, your kids will sense that and reflect it.
You will find attached to this class some tools to help you improve self care and well-being. You may want to start there for a couple of weeks before you begin taking action steps with your kids. And even if you don’t, be kind to yourself in this process.
Remember, progress, not perfection.
So let’s get started.
What you’ll learn
- Students will be able to apply parenting strategies that increase child cooperation and confidence and reduce family stress.
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- An open mind, willingness to reflect on your own behavior as a parent, readiness to make small changes in habits and the desire to have Peace in your Home!
Who this course is for:
- All parents and caregivers who seek more positive approaches to discipline and communication.