COVID-19 Parent Survival Toolbox
Peace At Home Parenting, LLC is a Connecticut based team of recognized experts that provides evidence-based, online parenting education across the USA through individual and town subscriptions and corporate employee well-being programs. Peace At Home Parenting teachers translate current research into practical tools that parents use to positively influence child development and family relationships.
The University of Connecticut studied Peace At Home online corporate well-being classes and concluded that they had significant impact in:
- • Increasing the level of support parents feel in facing their everyday lives
- • Reducing dysfunctional parental discipline practices (this includes over reactive discipline and parental hostility)
- • Increasing parents' sense of control and competence with their children
Following is a list of resources designed to support parents during the COVID-19 health crisis.
FREE RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
- Free Online Classes – Fees are eliminated for specific live and recorded classes that will be helpful to families at this time. These include:
- Positive Discipline for Peace At Home
- Be Your Child’s Calm Center
- Be Your Child’s Emotions Coach
- Take the Stress Out of Parenting
- Routines, Chores and Family Meetings
- Parent in the Moment: 5 Mindful Habits to Reduce Stress and Increase Happiness
- Wellness on the Run: Quick Real-Life Strategies for Busy Parents
- Peace At Home Private Group – We will open our monitored, private Facebook group to parents who reach out to us through Facebook events or email in order to expand support and connection among parents and with our teachers. Find us at “Peace At Home Parenting Private Group” on Facebook and when asked how you heard about us, say “Facebook.”
CORPORATE WELLNESS RESOURCES
You’ve done well up to now with a weekday schedule that gets you out the door in the morning and back home for evening time with your young children. You don’t know how long you will need to work from home and provide full-time care for your young children.
Participants will be able to:
- Plan and try out new routines that balance priorities while you seek a sustainable new rhythm.
- Develop co-parenting strategies to work well in a simple daily schedule of care and activity.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-933-1371 to design a package for your employees today.
We will help you quickly address parent challenges in balancing work and family during the COVID-19 crisis.