Classes for JoAnn Landing Page
some descriptive copy here
30-45 Minute Classes
- Plan and try out new routines that balance priorities while you seek a sustainable new rhythm.
- Develop co-parenting strategies to work well in a simple daily schedule of care and activity
- Working from home can be a challenge if your children are dependent on you for keeping them entertained and busy.
- Identify ways to set up a space in your home that effectively invites independent play
- Identify open-ended materials that keep young children engaged and learning while you work.
- Recognize the unique social-emotional needs of young children during stressful times
- Apply parenting strategies that support children to sustain feelings of optimism and security
- Learn why tantrums occur at this age
- How caregivers can manage their own distress during tantrums
- Positive approaches to help toddlers calm down
- Ways to talk with your toddler about their tantrums after they occur
- Help your child grow to be more independent and cooperative while strengthening your parent-child connection
- Use specific, effective feedback to help your child grow into an enthusiastic, lifelong learner
- Learn how to help your child fall asleep quickly and independently at bedtime using a gentle and gradual approach
- Best for children 3 years +
- Discover myths about ineffective discipline techniques that can increase misbehavior
- Learn strategies that increase and sustain child compliance, support child self-worth
- Strengthen your parent-child relationship
- Learn about Family Meetings and other strategies to create smoother family routines and support children to be more responsible and cooperative
- This class will help you recognize the yellow flags related to depression, anxiety, relationship problems, and substance abuse.
- consider the ways any of these challenges may be affecting your children more than you realize and steps you can take to address self-care more effectively
- Learn 5 simple, mindful habits you and your family can weave into daily routines to bond, relieve stress, and feel happier
- This class will help you minimize conflict when navigating parenting responsibilities across households
- Learn the importance of “cooperative co-parenting”
- Review strategies to support your children.
10-15 Minute Classes
- Understand why challenging behaviors occur
- Learn how to respond to them in the moment using positive, non-punitive approaches
- Learn some key prevention strategies
- Learn how and why playfulness promotes brain development
- Children cooperate more often when you bring playfulness into daily routines
- Learn simple ways to make routines fun and how playfulness can help in challenging moments
- Recognize triggers that lead to feeling irritated
- Apply easy brain-calming practices to build your resilience in the moment
- Build routines that help you respond more calmly to challenging behaviors
- Learn how to coach our child through their moments of strong emotions
- Promote your young child to develop self-regulation skills
- Foster emotional intelligence that will set them up for success in school and beyond
- Briefly learn about positive messages about childcare and attachment
- Learn how you can optimize you and your baby’s daily interactions and routines to promote a secure attachment
On-Demand Class Recordings
All live classes are recorded and available to watch at your convenience. Use your free discount code to watch classes at no cost.
Some of our popular recorded classes are: