Register for "Surviving to Thriving" below:
- Does your child seem discouraged, withdrawn or unmotivated?
- Is she often worried, clinging or extremely shy?
- Does he have frequent stomachaches or headaches with no medical cause?
Your child may be struggling with anxiety, depression or another challenging emotional state.
If you've tried to help, you may feel discouraged or even hopeless yourself. Surviving to Thriving is designed to ease your mind and provide you with parenting strategies to help your child succeed.
Surviving to Thriving is a 5-month program (February - June 2018) that includes 5 in-person parenting support groups and 5 live, online classes. You are invited to attend any number of classes and groups. Whether you attend one session or all of them, you are sure to walk away with valuable tools to help your child thrive.
During any one of the Surviving to Thriving classes and support groups, you will gain:
- Insight into the nature of your child's difficulties and how to provide guidance and support
- Effective parenting skills that help children cope with and reduce symptoms, and go on to thrive in ways that may surprise you
- Connection with other parents dealing with similar challenges
Join with other caring parents and knowledgeable, compassionate parenting educators to find simple, step by step solutions that work for your child and family.
Parent Support and Learning Groups
In-person parenting support groups are held at Colchester Pupil Services and Special Education.
215 Halls Hill Rd.
Colchester, CT 06415
Parent Support and Learning Groups meet on the 2nd Monday of every month:
- February 12, 6:00-7:30 PM EST
- March 12, 6:00-7:30 PM EST
- April 9, 6:00-7:30 PM EST
- May 14, 6:00-7:30 PM EST
- June 11, 6:00-7:30 PM EST
If you plan to attend a support group, RSVP to Joshua Vinoski, JVino5@Colchester.org or 860-937-3789.
Interactive Live, Online Classes
Live, online classes can be accessed at home or on-the-go from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Interactive Live, Online Classes are held on the 4th Monday of every month, except in May because of Memorial Day:
- February 26, 8:00-9:00 PM EST
- March 26, 8:00-9:00 PM EST
- April 23, 8:00-9:00 PM EST
- May 21, 8:00-9:00 PM EST
- June 25, 8:00-9:00 PM EST
Contact us to learn more or register to the left!
Positive change is possible for your family. Register today.
Surviving to Thriving is brought to you by Cochester Pupil Services and Special Education. Parent learning and support groups are led by Aaron Weintraub, MS. Online classes are taught by Ruth E. Freeman, LCSW with Aaron Weintraub, MS.