Privacy NoticeEffective: January 1, 2020.
- Peace At Home Parenting, LLC is the data controller of your personal information.
- We collect the personal information set out in the "What Information We Collect" section of this Privacy Notice below, including account registration details such as name and email, details of Content Offerings you undertake, survey information (where you provide it), identity verification data, and information about your use of our site and Services.
- We use your personal information for the purposes set out in the "How We Use the Information" section of this Privacy Notice below, including providing our site and Services to you, ensuring the security and performance of our site, conducting research relating to Content Offerings, sharing information with our Content Providers and our suppliers, direct marketing, and performing statistical analysis of the use of our site and Services.
- You have a number of rights that you can exercise in relation to our use of your personal information, as set out in the "Updating or Deleting Your Personally Identifiable Information" section of this Privacy Notice below.
You can find information about us and how we collect, use and store your personal data in each section of this Privacy Notice:
Purpose and who we are
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to describe how Peace At Home Parenting, LLC ("Peace At Home Parenting, LLC," "us," "we," or "our") collects, uses, and shares information about you through our online interfaces (e.g., websites and mobile applications) owned and controlled by us, including but not limited to PeaceAtHomeParenting.com (collectively referred to herein as the "Site"). Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand what we do. If you do not understand any aspects of our Privacy Notice, please feel free to contact us at info@PeaceAtHomeParenting.com. Peace At Home Parenting, LLC is a Connecticut corporation with a principal place of business at 196 Davis Road, Storrs, CT 06268. If you reside or are located in the European Economic Area ("EEA") Peace At Home Parenting is the data controller of all Personally Identifiable Information (as defined below) collected via the Site and of certain Personally Identifiable Information collected from third parties, as set out in this Privacy Notice.
What Information this Privacy Notice Covers
This Privacy Notice covers information we collect from you through our Site. Some of our Site’s functionality can be used without revealing any Personally Identifiable Information, though for features or Services related to the Content Offerings, Personally Identifiable Information is required. In order to access certain features and benefits on our Site, you may need to submit, or we may collect:
"Personally Identifiable Information" (i.e., information that can be used to identify you may also be referred to as “personal data” or “personal information”). Personally Identifiable Information can include information such as your name, email address, IP address, and device identifier, among other things. If you reside or are located in the EEA, it can also include your IP address or device identifier. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personally Identifiable Information you submit to Peace At Home Parenting. Inaccurate information may affect your ability to use the Site, the information you receive when using the Site, and our ability to contact you. For example, your email address should be kept current because that is one of the primary manners in which we communicate with you.
What You Agree to by Using Our Site
We consider that the legal basis for using your personal information as set out in this Privacy Notice are as follows:
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to perform our obligations under any contract with you (for example, to comply with our contract to provide Services to you); or
- Our use of your personal information is necessary for complying with our legal obligations; or
- Use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others. Our legitimate interests are to:
- Run, grow and develop our business;
- Operate our Site and provide our Services;
- Select appropriately skilled and qualified suppliers;
- Build relationships with partners and academic institutions;
- Carry out research and statistical analysis;
- Carry out marketing and business development;
- For internal administrative and auditing purposes, and
- Consent, to send you certain communications or where you submit certain information to us.
Which legal basis applies to a specific processing activity will depend on the type of personal information processed and the context in which it is processed.
If we rely on our (or another person's) legitimate interests for using your personal information, we will undertake a balancing test to ensure that our (or the other person's) legitimate interests are not outweighed by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of the personal information.
We may process your personal information in some cases for marketing purposes on the basis of your consent (which you may withdraw at any time as described below).
If we rely on your consent for us to use your personal information in a particular way, but you later change your mind, you may withdraw your consent by emailing us at Info@PeaceAtHomeParenting.com. However, if you withdraw your consent, this may impact the ability for us to be able to provide our Services to you.
What Information We Collect
We gather two types of information about users through the Site:
- Personally Identifiable Information provided directly by you or via third parties. We collect Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us when you register for an account, update or change information for your account, purchase products or Services, complete a survey, sign-up for email updates, participate in our public forums, send us email messages, and/or participate in Content Offerings or other Services on our Site. We may use the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to respond to your questions, provide you the specific Content Offering and/or Services you select, send you updates about Content Offerings or other Peace At Home Parenting events, and send you email messages about Site maintenance or updates.
- Account Registration. If you register for an account on our Site, you may be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address.
- Updates. Peace At Home Parenting may offer you the ability to receive updates either via email or by posting on portions of the Site only accessible to registered users. In order to subscribe to these Services, you may be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address.
- Participation in Content Offerings. Peace At Home Parenting offers users the opportunity to participate in a Content Offerings on or through the Site. If you desire to participate in a Content Offering, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such a Content Offering. This information may include, among other things, your name and email address.
- Communications with Peace At Home Parenting. We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you send us an email message or otherwise contact us.
- Third Party Sites. We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you access or log-in to a third party site, e.g., Facebook, from our Sites. This may include the text and/or images of your Personally Identifiable Information available from the third party site.
- Surveys. We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you provide information in response to a survey operated by us or a Content Provider.
- Partner sites. Partner sites providing Content Offering related tools and services to Peace At Home Parenting users may collect nonfinancial individual level user data regarding the individual’s use of that partner site while the partner sites provide those services to Peace At Home Parenting. The partner sites may share that data with Peace At Home Parenting for the purpose of improving Peace At Home Parenting’s Services, the partner site’s services, and the individual’s education experience. This data includes information such as the amount of time spent on the partner site and pages viewed.
- Third Party Credit Card Processing. Peace At Home Parenting provides you with the ability to pay for Content Offerings and other Services using a credit card through a third party payment processing service provider. Please note that our service provider – not Peace At Home Parenting – collects and processes your credit card information.
How We Use the Information
- Information relating to your use of our Site. We use information relating to your use of the Site to build higher quality, more useful Services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Site. We may also use this information to ensure the security of our Services and the Site.
- Personally Identifiable Information provided directly by you or via third parties. Except as set forth in this Privacy Notice or as specifically agreed to by you, Peace At Home Parenting will not disclose any of your Personally Identifiable Information. In addition to the other uses set forth in this Privacy Notice, we may disclose and otherwise use Personally Identifiable Information as described below.Providing the Site and our Services. We use Personally Identifiable Information which you provide to us in order to allow you to access and use the Site and in order to provide any information, products, or Services that you request from us.
- Technical support and security. We may use Personally Identifiable Information to provide technical support to you, where required, and to ensure the security of our Services and the Site.
- Updates. We use Personally Identifiable Information collected when you sign-up for our various email or update services to send you the messages in connection with the Site or Content Offerings. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you, where we are legally entitled to do so.
- Webinar Participation. You should not post any Personally Identifiable Information or other information of a personal or sensitive nature, whether relating to you or another person, within a Webinar post. If you choose to post Personally Identifiable Information, such Personally Identifiable Information may be collected during your use of the Webinars. We may publish this information via extensions of our Platform that use third-party services, like mobile applications. We reserve the right to reuse Webinar posts that contain Personally Identifiable Information in future versions of the Content Offerings, and to enhance future Content Offerings. We may archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you and/or your designee(s), and/or provide it to the Content Provider, business partner, or the instructor(s) associated with the courses you have taken. We may also use or publish posts submitted on the Webinars without using Personally Identification Information.
- Participation in Content Offerings. We use the Personally Identifiable Information that we collect from you when you participate in a Content Offering through the Site for processing purposes, including but not limited to tracking attendance, progress, and completion of an Online Course. We may also share your Personally Identifiable Information and your performance in a given Content Offering with the instructor or instructors who taught it, with teaching assistants or other individuals designated by the instructor or instructors to assist with the creation, modification, or operation of the Content Offering, and with the Content Provider(s) with which they are affiliated. We may also use the information generated when taking a Content Offering or using the Services for predictive analysis of your performance in the Content Offerings. Also, we may archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you, where we are legally entitled to do so.
- Communications with or from Peace At Home Parenting. When you send us an email message or otherwise contact us, we may use the information provided by you to respond to your communication and/or as described in this Privacy Notice. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you where we are legally entitled to do so. Where we send you emails, we may track the way that you interact with these emails (such as when you open an email or click on a link inside an email). We use this information for the purposes of optimizing and better tailoring our communications to you.
- Communications with Peace At Home Parenting Business Partners. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with Content Providers and other business partners of Peace At Home Parenting so that Content Providers and other business partners may share information about their products and services that may be of interest to you where they are legally entitled to do so.
- Research. We may share general course data (including quiz or assignment submissions, grades, and forum discussions), information about your activity on our Site, and demographic data from surveys operated by us with our Content Providers and other business partners so that our Content Providers and other business partners may use the data for research related to online education.
- Disclosure to Peace At Home Parenting Operations and Maintenance Contractors. We use various service providers, vendors and contractors (collectively, "Contractors") to assist us in providing our Services to you. Our Contractors may have limited access to your Personally Identifiable Information in the course of providing their products or services to us, so that we in turn can provide our Services to you. These Contractors may include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content related to the operation and maintenance of the Site or the Content Offerings. Access to your Personally Identifiable Information by these Contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the Contractor to perform its limited function for us.
- Disclosure to Acquirers. Peace At Home Parenting may disclose and/or transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to an acquirer, assignee or other successor entity in connection with a sale, merger, or reorganization of all or substantially all of the equity, business, or assets of Peace At Home Parenting to which your Personally Identifiable Information relates.
Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
We keep your Personally Identifiable Information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the Personally Identifiable Information is collected and processed. The length of time we retain Personally Identifiable Information for depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights.
Confidentiality & Security of Personally Identifiable Information
We consider the confidentiality and security of your information to be of the utmost importance. We will use industry standard physical, technical, and administrative security measures to keep your Personally Identifiable Information confidential and secure, and will not share it with third parties, except as otherwise provided in this Privacy Notice, or unless such disclosure is necessary in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others, as permitted by applicable law. Because the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personally Identifiable Information, and there is some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security systems or that transmission of your information over the Internet will be intercepted. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that e-mails communications are typically not encrypted and should not be considered secure.
Updating or Deleting Your Personally Identifiable Information
You have certain rights in relation to your Personally Identifiable Information. You can access your Personally Identifiable Information and confirm that it remains correct and up-to-date, choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners, and request that we delete or provide you with a copy of your personal data by emailing us at Info@PeaceAtHomeParenting.com.
If you would like further information in relation to your rights or would like to exercise any of them, you may also contact us via Info@PeaceAtHomeParenting.com. If you reside or are located in the EEA, you have the right to request that we:
- provide access to any Personally Identifiable Information we hold about you;
- prevent the processing of your Personally Identifiable Information for direct-marketing purposes;
- update any Personally Identifiable Information which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any Personally Identifiable Information which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process your Personally Identifiable Information;
- provide your Personally Identifiable Information to a third party provider of services; or
- provide you with a copy of any Personally Identifiable Information which we hold about you. We try to answer every email promptly where possible, and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within our databases, access logs, and other records, which may or may not contain your Personally Identifiable Information. Please also note that certain Personally Identifiable Information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your Personally Identifiable Information to comply with a legal obligation. When you email us with a request, we may ask that you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity.
Questions, Suggestions, and Complaints
If you have any privacy-related questions, suggestions, unresolved problems, or complaints, you may contact us via Info@PeaceAtHomeParenting.com. If you reside or are located in the EEA, you may also make a complaint to our supervisory body for data protection matters (namely the UK Information Commissioner's Office) or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe that your rights have been breached.
California Privacy Rights
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once a calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities).
To obtain this information, please send an email message to Info@PeaceAtHomeParenting.com with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California residents have the right to know what personal information about them is collected, request deletion of their personal data, opt-out of the sale of their personal data, and not be discriminated against if they choose to exercise any of these rights. Peace At Home Parenting does not sell any of the data we collect about you. If you’d like to exercise any of the other rights afforded to you, contact us at Info@PeaceAtHomeParenting.com.
Changing Our Privacy Notice
Please note that we review our privacy practices from time to time, and that these practices are subject to change. Any change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on our Site. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Privacy Notice.
No Information from Children Under 13
Peace At Home Parenting strongly believes in protecting the privacy of children. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited, and certain regions and Content Offerings may have additional requirements and/or restrictions. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information on our Site from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access this Site at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any Personally Identifiable Information of persons less than 13 years of age that has been collected on our Site without verified parental consent upon learning of the existence of such Personally Identifiable Information.