- Punishment will change bad behavior.
- More reminders lead to better behavior.
- Explaining to your child why a behavior is wrong will lead him to stop that behavior.
- Lots of praise just spoils your child.
- Doing it once or twice means your child can do it regularly.
- My other child did not need extra training, so this child shouldn’t need it either.
- My child is just being manipulative.
The real story is that:
You can get rid of almost any misbehavior by rewarding the positive opposite behavior.
Sign up to learn more and be part of our Peace at Home Parenting family.